Jump to Main Content
- Maresma, Ángel; Martínez-Casasnovas, José A.; Santiveri, Francisca; Lloveras, Jaume
- European journal of agronomy 2019 v.103 pp. 98-107
- Mediterranean climate; barley; biomass; corn; costs and returns; double cropping; environmental degradation; fertilizer application; grain yield; irrigation; nitrogen; nitrogen content; nitrogen fertilizers; profitability; soil organic carbon
- ... Improving nitrogen (N) use efficiency (NUE) is an agricultural necessity, as it can contribute to increasing crop productivity, while decreasing environmental degradation. Double-annual cropping systems can reduce N losses while increasing productivity and profitability per land unit. The objective of this study was to evaluate annual N fertilization strategies in a double-annual cropping system ( ...
- Jáuregui, José Martín; Mills, Annamaria; Black, David B.S.; Wigley, Kathryn; Ridgway, Hayley J.; Moot, Derrick J.
- European journal of agronomy 2019 v.103 pp. 1-12
- Medicago sativa; alfalfa; autumn; biomass; crop models; crops; experimental design; leaf area; nitrogen; nitrogen content; nitrogen fixation; nodulation; peat; photosynthesis; physiological response; roots; seed treatment; shoots; simulation models; slurries; sowing date; spring; winter; yield components; New Zealand
- ... This study analysed the effects of sowing dates and inoculation treatments on yield components of rainfed lucerne (Medicago sativa L.) crops grown at Lincoln University, New Zealand. Crops were sown in a split-plot design on 26 January, 21 February, 15 March and 3 April 2012, combined with five inoculation treatments (ALOSCA®, coated seed, Nodulator®, peat slurry and bare seed). Shoot biomass was ...