Jump to Main Content
- Park, Ok-Jin; Kim, Jiseon; Kim, Hyun Young; Kwon, Yeongkag; Yun, Cheol-Heui; Han, Seung Hyun
- Microbial pathogenesis 2019 v.126 pp. 218-223
- Streptococcus gordonii; Western blotting; acid phosphatase; alizarin; alkaline phosphatase; ascorbic acid; bone formation; bone resorption; collagen; inflammation; macrophage colony-stimulating factor; macrophages; mice; micro-computed tomography; models; osteoblasts; osteoclasts; patients; periodontitis; skull; staining; transcription factors
- ... Streptococcus gordonii is commonly found in the periapical endodontic lesions of patients with apical periodontitis, a condition characterized by inflammation and periapical bone loss. Since bone metabolism is controlled by osteoclastic bone resorption and osteoblastic bone formation, we investigated the effects of S. gordonii on the differentiation and function of osteoclasts and osteoblasts. For ...
- Talebi, Ashkan; Bagg, Scott; Sleep, Brent E.; O'Carroll, Denis M.
- Ecological engineering 2019 v.126 pp. 1-15
- cities; climate; equations; evapotranspiration; green roofs; models; porosity; stormwater; urban areas; urbanization; vegetation types; wilting point
- ... In recent decades, urbanization has led to more frequent flood events in urban areas. Several studies have shown the promise of green roof technology for storm water reduction. However, limited studies have assessed water retention performance of green roofs in a range of climates. To investigate the retention performance of a green roof in various Canadian climates, several cities across the coun ...