Jump to Main Content
- do Prado, A.C.; Garces, H.G.; Bagagli, E.; Rall, V.L.M.; Furlanetto, A.; Fernandes Junior, A.; Furtado, F.B.
- Journal of applied microbiology 2019 v.126 no.2 pp. 516-522
- Candida; Cryptococcus neoformans; Paracoccidioides brasiliensis; Schinus molle; Trichophyton; active ingredients; alpha-pinene; antibacterial properties; antifungal properties; bacteria; beta-pinene; bioactive compounds; essential oils; fungi; gas chromatography-mass spectrometry; leaves; minimum inhibitory concentration; mycoses; myrcene; sabinene; Latin America
- ... AIMS: The study was focused on the evaluation of antimicrobial activity in vitro of the essential oil (EO) of leaves from Schinus molle against bacteria and fungi of clinical importance in the search for the discovery of new active compounds. METHODS AND RESULTS: The chemical composition of the S. molle EO was determined by gas chromatography/mass spectrometry and its antimicrobial effect was veri ...
- Gharsallah, H.; Ksentini, I.; Abdelhedi, N.; Naayma, S.; Hadj Taieb, K.; Sahnoun, M.; Triki, M.A.; Ksantini, M.; Leclerque, A.
- Journal of applied microbiology 2019 v.126 no.2 pp. 489-502
- Bacillus licheniformis; Bacillus subtilis; Ephestia kuehniella; Olea europaea; Serratia marcescens; antibacterial properties; antifungal properties; bacteria; bioassays; biological control; biotopes; enzyme activity; fungi; insecticidal properties; instars; larvae; mortality; olives; orchards; pests; ribosomal RNA; screening; sequence analysis; Tunisia
- ... AIM: This study investigated the bacterial diversity of dead insects collected from olive tree orchards widely cultivated in Tunisia. We aimed to explore metabolic diversity, screen enzymatic activities for biotechnological applications and carry out preliminary bioassays for bio‐insecticide development. METHODS AND RESULTS: A total of 50 bacteria strains were randomly isolated from four different ...