Jump to Main Content
- Sangar, Shatesh Kumar; Syazwani, Osman Nur; Farabi, M.S. Ahmad; Razali, S.M.; Shobhana, Gnanasekhar; Teo, Siow Hwa; Taufiq-Yap, Yun Hin
- Renewable energy 2019 v.142 pp. 658-667
- Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; X-ray diffraction; acidity; biodiesel; carbon; catalysts; catalytic activity; esterification; fatty acid methyl esters; fatty acids; fuel production; glycerol; methanol; palm oils; scanning electron microscopes; sulfuric acid; surface area; temperature; thermogravimetry; transmission electron microscopy; viability
- ... Cost efficient and environmental friendly carbon derived glycerol (CG) was prepared by insitu carbonication and sulfonation process. The synthesized CG was sulfonated with H2SO4 for 10 h denoted as SCG-(10) catalyst. The physico-chemical properties of the prepared catalyst were characterized by using X-ray diffraction (XRD), fourier transform infrared spectroscopy (FTIR), Thermogravimetric analysi ...
- Srivatsa, Srikanth Chakravartula; Li, Fanghua; Bhattacharya, Sankar
- Renewable energy 2019 v.142 pp. 426-436
- Tetraselmis suecica; acidity; aluminum; aromatic hydrocarbons; catalysts; catalytic activity; crystallites; microalgae; nickel; nitrogen; nitrogen compounds; oxygen; porosity; pyrolysis; pyrolysis oils; silicon; temperature; zeolites
- ... In this work, a marine microalga Tetraselmis suecica was pyrolyzed in a fixed-bed reactor in the presence of a series of zeolite (Si/Al = 30) supported Ni catalysts to increase the hydrocarbon composition of the pyrolysis oil by a two-step process - devolatilization followed by catalytic treatment. A 3 wt% Ni-loading on zeolite showed the highest hydrocarbon content of 55.38%, in which aliphatic h ...