Jump to Main Content
- Estes, Christopher S.; Gerard, Angela Y.; Godward, J. Dennis; Hayes, Spencer B.; Liles, Sabrina H.; Shelton, Jacob L.; Stewart, Tyreek S.; Webster, Rebekah I.; Webster, H. Francis
- Carbon 2019 v.142 pp. 547-557
- carbon quantum dots; thermogravimetry; lead; hydrodynamics; sulfonic acids; oleic acid; Raman spectroscopy; X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy; sonication; cadmium; transmission electron microscopy; Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; water pollution; methylene blue; ultraviolet-visible spectroscopy; glycerol; water purification; temperature; fluorescence emission spectroscopy; X-ray diffraction; freeze drying; light scattering; catalysts; physicochemical properties; esterification; solvents; graphene; titration; moieties
- ... In this paper, we report the low-cost synthesis of a highly functionalized carbon material synthesized through controlled acid dehydration of glycerol. Physical properties were investigated using scanning and transmission electron microscopy, X-ray diffraction, thermogravimetric analysis, and dynamic light scattering. Chemical properties were determined using elemental analysis, acid-base titratio ...
- Sangar, Shatesh Kumar; Syazwani, Osman Nur; Farabi, M.S. Ahmad; Razali, S.M.; Shobhana, Gnanasekhar; Teo, Siow Hwa; Taufiq-Yap, Yun Hin
- Renewable energy 2019 v.142 pp. 658-667
- Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; X-ray diffraction; acidity; biodiesel; carbon; catalysts; catalytic activity; esterification; fatty acid methyl esters; fatty acids; fuel production; glycerol; methanol; palm oils; scanning electron microscopes; sulfuric acid; surface area; temperature; thermogravimetry; transmission electron microscopy; viability
- ... Cost efficient and environmental friendly carbon derived glycerol (CG) was prepared by insitu carbonication and sulfonation process. The synthesized CG was sulfonated with H2SO4 for 10 h denoted as SCG-(10) catalyst. The physico-chemical properties of the prepared catalyst were characterized by using X-ray diffraction (XRD), fourier transform infrared spectroscopy (FTIR), Thermogravimetric analysi ...