Jump to Main Content
- Wang, Yuan; Meng, Ziqi; Guo, Junqing; Wang, Wenwen; Duan, Yuanxiao; Hao, Xiran; Wang, Ruifang; An, Xiaoping; Qi, Jingwei
- Small ruminant research 2019 v.175 pp. 65-71
- Dorper; ammonium nitrogen; antioxidant activity; antioxidant enzymes; average daily gain; blood serum; body weight; catalase; crossbreds; crude protein; diet; digestibility; enzyme activity; esterification; feed conversion; glutathione; glutathione peroxidase; growth performance; lambs; males; metabolites; neutral detergent fiber; oligosaccharides; organic matter; pH; rumen fermentation; serum albumin; spectral analysis; superoxide dismutase; volatile fatty acids; wheat bran
- ... The objective of this experiment was to investigate the effects of wheat bran feruloyl oligosaccharides (FOs) as an antioxidant supplement on performance, blood metabolites, antioxidant status and ruminal fermentation of lambs. Fifty, two-month-old crossbred male lambs (Dorper × Small-tail Han Sheep) with an initial body weight (BW) of 20.21 ± 3.36 kg were randomly assigned into five groups of ten ...
- Wang, Ziyu; Wang, Ruocheng; Meng, Chunhua; Ji, Yu; Sun, Lingwei; Nie, Haitao; Mao, Dagan; Wang, Feng
- Small ruminant research 2019 v.175 pp. 142-148
- Boer (goat breed); Capra hircus; ammonia; arginine; average daily gain; blood serum; body weight; citrulline; dry matter intake; essential amino acids; goats; growth performance; insulin; jejunum; lactation; males; milk; milk proteins; milk yield; neonates; nitric oxide; ornithine; putrescine; river deltas; rumen; suckling; urea; villi
- ... Arginine is one of the conditional essential amino acids for immature mammals. The deficiency of arginine in the diet may constrain growth and development of newborn kidlets through affecting the milk performance of lactating goats. In our present study, lactating crossbred of Boer goat (Capra hircus) and Yangtse River Delta White (Haimen) goat with twin male suckling kidlets were used to investig ...