Jump to Main Content
- Szabó, László; Kelemen, Ágnes; Mezősi, András; Pató, Zsuzsanna; Kácsor, Enikő; Resch, Gustav; Liebmann, Lukas
- Climate policy 2019 v.19 no.4 pp. 495-510
- European Union; age structure; carbon; carbon dioxide; carbon markets; decision making; electric power industry; electricity; energy; energy policy; environmental policy; greenhouse gas emissions; greenhouse gases; models; natural gas; planning; renewable energy sources; Europe
- ... One of the most important challenges for the South East Europe region will be replacing more than 30% of its presently installed fossil fuel generation capacity by the end of 2030, and more than 95% by 2050 if its age structure is considered. This requires a strong policy framework to incentivise new investments in a region currently lacking investors, but also presents an opportunity to shape the ...
- Landholm, David M.; Holsten, Anne; Martellozzo, Federico; Reusser, Dominik E.; Kropp, Jürgen P.
- Regional environmental change 2019 v.19 no.4 pp. 927-938
- carbon footprint; climate change; emissions factor; empirical research; energy; greenhouse gas emissions; greenhouse gases; organic foods; pollution control; public services and goods; social cohesion; transportation; wastes; Europe
- ... There is a growing recognition that a transition to a sustainable low-carbon society is urgently needed. This transition takes place at multiple and complementary scales, including bottom-up approaches such as community-based initiatives (CBIs). However, empirical research on CBIs has focused until now on anecdotal evidence and little work has been done to quantitatively assess their impact in ter ...