Jump to Main Content
- Perrino, C.; Tofful, L.; Torre, S. Dalla; Sargolini, T.; Canepari, S.
- Chemosphere 2019 v.222 pp. 839-848
- air temperature; biomass; burning; cold; cold season; combustion; heat; mixing; monitoring; particulates; radioactivity; seasonal variation; summer; urban areas; wildfires; winter; Italy
- ... The possibility of a relevant contribution of biomass burning for domestic heating to PM10 in the urban area of Rome was explored. The concentration of levoglucosan was determined for 31 months in Rome and in a nearby peri-urban area. During the cold season it reached several hundreds of ng/m3 at both sites, with a clear inverse relationship with air temperature. During the summer it remained well ...
- Tolomio, Massimo; Borin, Maurizio
- Agricultural water management 2019 v.222 pp. 21-29
- corn; crop yield; drainage; drought; field experimentation; flooded conditions; long term experiments; monitoring; pipes; root growth; runoff; soil water content; sowing; soybeans; spring; subsurface irrigation; sucrose; sugar beet; summer; topsoil water; water stress; water table; winter wheat; Italy
- ... Crop productivity under controlled drainage was studied in long-term field experiment with shallow fluctuating water table in North-Eastern Italy. Fourteen years of hydrological and yield data, including winter wheat, sugarbeet, soybean and maize, were collected over two monitoring periods (1995–2002 and 2006–2013). Controlled drainage (CD) and free drainage (FD) were tested in combination with op ...