Jump to Main Content
- Meng, Ya; Zhao, Yilong; Li, Rui; Li, Junlin; Cui, Lulu; Kong, Lingdong; Fu, Hongbo
- Atmospheric research 2019 v.222 pp. 12-24
- seasonal variation; summer; sulfates; pollution; sodium; cities; winter; autumn; agricultural land; calcium; soil; potassium; ammonium; dust; emissions; spatial variation; inorganic ions; chlorides; magnesium; spring; waste incineration; rain; pH; wet deposition; nitrates; China
- ... In the present study, the pH values and the concentrations of nine inorganic ions (SO42−, NO3−, NH4+, Cl−, Na+, Ca2+, K+, Mg2+ and F−) in rainwater samples collected in Shanghai during 2011–2016 were measured to study their spatiotemporal variations and to identify their sources. The rainwater was severely acidified with an average volume-weighted mean (VWM) pH value of 4.96 during 2011–2016, indi ...
- Tian, Ran; Tian, Lide
- Atmospheric research 2019 v.222 pp. 36-46
- air; ammonium; atmospheric chemistry; calcium; chlorides; climate change; economic development; emissions; glaciers; human health; ice; magnesium; mass transfer; models; monsoon season; nitrates; pollutants; population growth; potassium; sodium; sulfates; summer; transportation; China; Himalayan region; South Asia
- ... The increase in anthropogenic emissions and associated climate change have become a growing critical environmental concern, with significant implications for human health and ecological security. The rapid economic growth in South Asia has contributed additional stress on the atmospheric environment in the surrounding regions. Earlier ice core chemical studies revealed a strong atmospheric transpo ...