Jump to Main Content
- El Kenawy, Ahmed M.; Lopez-Moreno, Juan I.; McCabe, Matthew F.; Robaa, S.M.; Domínguez-Castro, Fernando; Peña-Gallardo, Marina; Trigo, Ricardo M.; Hereher, Mohamed E.; Al-Awadhi, Talal; Vicente-Serrano, Sergio M.
- Atmospheric research 2019 v.226 pp. 219-239
- advection; air; air temperature; coasts; cold; crop production; databases; energy; least squares; monsoon season; sea level; socioeconomic factors; stakeholders; subsidence; temporal variation; troposphere; water management; wind direction; Egypt; Northern European region; Red Sea; West Asia
- ... Spatial and temporal changes of daily temperature extremes are investigated over Egypt using a standard set of 23 indices. Our analysis uses a database consisting of complete, high quality and homogenous daily maximum and minimum air temperature records at 40 stations, spanning the period from 1983 to 2015. The trends were assessed using a least squares regression model, and its significance was d ...
- Estrela, Maria J.; Corell, David; Valiente, Jose A.; Azorin-Molina, Cesar; Chen, Deliang
- Atmospheric research 2019 v.226 pp. 87-101
- air temperature; coasts; collectors; environmental factors; fire fighting; forest restoration; forests; harvesting; latitude; rain; relative humidity; water harvesting; wind direction; wind speed; Iberian Peninsula
- ... Among the different inputs involved in the hydrological system, fog water measured by man-made passive devices is one of the most unknown components, although it could be an additional water resource for specific environmental applications (forest restoration, forest firefighting, etc.). Focusing on the Mediterranean Iberian Peninsula, the aim of this work is to quantify fog-water collected by a 2 ...