Jump to Main Content
- Borzi, Fabrizio; Torrieri, Elena; Wrona, Magdalena; Nerín, Cristina
- Food chemistry 2019 v.300 pp. 125242
- 2,2-diphenyl-1-picrylhydrazyl; active food packaging; antioxidants; caprolactam; food industry; green tea; in vivo studies; inhibitory concentration 50; lipid peroxidation; meat; minced meat; polyamides; shelf life; storage temperature; thiobarbituric acid-reactive substances
- ... New antioxidant polyamide was prepared by total immersion in active extract for 48 h. Its antioxidant performance was tested using DPPH (IC50 = 270 ± 21 μg/g) and ORAC (1.52 µmol Trolox/g). In vivo study was done using fresh minced meat stored at 4 °C and analysed after 0, 6, 13, 19, 23 days. After 23 days metmyoglobin (MetMbBK = 31.3 ± 2.9% and MetMbAOX = 25.9 ± 0.8%), CIE L*a*b* (a*BK = 15.0 ± 0 ...
- Alizadeh, Zahra; Yousefi, Shima; Ahari, Hamed
- International journal of food microbiology 2019 v.300 pp. 31-42
- 2,2-diphenyl-1-picrylhydrazyl; Escherichia coli; Listeria monocytogenes; Salmonella enterica; Staphylococcus aureus; X-ray diffraction; acid hydrolysis; antibacterial properties; chicken meat; coatings; cold storage; fillets; lemon peels; mixing; nanocrystals; particle size; potato starch; response surface methodology; scanning electron microscopy; sensory properties; spraying; starch granules; sulfuric acid; temperature; ultrasonics; viscosity
- ... Starch nanocrystal (S-NC) was produced after sulfuric acid hydrolysis of potato starch granules and then characterized by laser diffraction particle size analyzer, scanning electron microscopy (SEM) and X-ray diffraction (XRD). Response surface methodology (RSM) was applied to optimize S-NC (2–10%) concentration, sour lemon peel extract (SLPE, 2.5–12.5%) amount, mixing temperature (M-TE, 25–65 °C) ...