Jump to Main Content
- Turner, Rachel C.; Graham, Jennifer E.; Hahn, Shelley; Mariano, Abigail; McCarthy, Robert
- Journal of avian medicine and surgery 2019 v.33 no.2 pp. 150-154
- Cacatua; beak; birds; computed tomography; cysts (pathology); females; histopathology; keratin
- ... A 10-year-old, female umbrella cockatoo (Cacatua alba) was presented for evaluation of a mass at the right commissure of the beak, with associated right periorbital swelling. A feather cyst was suspected, based on history and the results of a computed tomography scan and fine-needle aspirate. The cyst was surgically debrided and removed. Histopathologic results confirmed an infraorbital keratin cy ...
- González-Hein, Gisela; Gil, Isabel Aguirre; Sanchez, Rodolfo; Huaracan, Bernardo
- Journal of avian medicine and surgery 2019 v.33 no.2 pp. 141-149
- Aves polyomavirus 1; Beak and feather disease virus; beak; bird diseases; birds; feathers; genes; genetic variation; hosts; polymerase chain reaction; Chile
- ... Avian polyomavirus disease and psittacine beak and feather disease (PBFD) are both contagious viral diseases in psittacine birds with similar clinical manifestations and characterized by abnormal feathers. To determine the prevalence of Aves polyomavirus 1 (APyV) and beak and feather disease virus (BFDV) in captive, exotic psittacine birds in Chile, feathers from 250 psittacine birds, representing ...