Jump to Main Content
- Valencia, Sarah; Gill, Rachel B.; Dowdell, Kennichi C.; Wang, Yanmei; Hornung, Ron; Bowman, J. Jason; Lacayo, Juan C.; Cohen, Jeffrey I.
- Vaccine 2019 v.37 no.2 pp. 333-342
- CD8-positive T-lymphocytes; Human herpesvirus 5; Macaca mulatta; alum; cell-mediated immunity; epithelial cells; fibroblasts; glycoproteins; immune evasion; kidneys; lipid A; major histocompatibility complex; models; monkeys; neutralizing antibodies; saliva; urine; vaccination; vaccines; viral shedding; viruses
- ... A human cytomegalovirus (HCMV) vaccine to prevent infection and/or reduce disease associated with congenital infection or visceral disease in transplant recipients is a high priority, but has remained elusive. We created a disabled infectious single cycle rhesus CMV (RhCMV) deleted for glycoprotein L (gL) and the MHC class I immune evasion genes Rh178 and Rh182-189, and restored its epithelial cel ...
- Pan, William K.; Seidman, Jessica C.; Ali, Asad; Hoest, Christel; Mason, Carl; Mondal, Dinesh; Knobler, Stacey L.; Bessong, Pascal
- Vaccine 2019 v.37 no.2 pp. 352-365
- Enterovirus C; assets; breast feeding; children; cohort studies; diarrhea; digestive system; education; enteropathogens; income; inflammation; microbial detection; models; neutralization; neutralizing antibodies; risk factors; seroconversion; serotypes; social environment; transferrin receptors; underweight; vaccination; vaccines
- ... Immunization programs have leveraged decades of research to maximize oral polio vaccine (OPV) response. Moving toward global poliovirus eradication, the WHO recommended phased OPV-to-IPV replacement on schedules in 2012. Using the MAL-ED prospective birth cohort data, we evaluated the influence of early life exposures impacting OPV immunization by measuring OPV response for serotypes 1 and 3.Polio ...