Jump to Main Content
- Kouba, V.; Svehla, P.; Catrysse, M.; Prochazkova, L.; Radechovska, H.; Jenicek, P.; Bartacek, J.
- Environmental technology 2019 v.40 no.6 pp. 673-682
- ammonia; ammonium; ammonium nitrogen; bacteria; biofilm; biomass; encapsulation; environmental technology; nitrification; nitrites; nitrous acid; oxidation; pellets; polyvinyl alcohol; sludge
- ... The inhibition of undesirable nitrite oxidizing bacteria (NOB) and desirable ammonium oxidizing bacteria (AOB) by free ammonia (FA) and free nitrous acid (FNA) in partial nitritation (PN) is crucially affected by the biomass growth mode (suspended sludge, biofilm, encapsulation). But, the limitations of these modes towards less concentrated reject waters (≤600 mg-N L⁻¹) are unclear. Therefore, thi ...
- Wang, Yanjuan; Wang, Junsheng; Wu, Xudong; Jiang, Zong; Wang, Wei
- Electrophoresis 2019 v.40 no.6 pp. 969-978
- Closterium; bacteria; ballast water; dielectrophoresis; electric field; electrodes; electrophoresis; microalgae; microparticles; microplastics; organ-on-a-chip
- ... The composition of the ship's ballast water is complex and contains a large number of microalgae cells, bacteria, microplastics, and other microparticles. To increase the accuracy and efficiency of detection of the microalgae cells in ballast water, a new microfluidic chip for continuous separation of microalgae cells based on alternating current dielectrophoresis was proposed. In this microfluidi ...