Jump to Main Content
- Krämer, Rafael; Rode, Sandra; Rumpf, Sebastian
- Developmental biology 2019 v.451 no.1 pp. 68-78
- Drosophila; cell adhesion molecules; cell membranes; dynein ATPase; guanosinetriphosphatase; ion channels; kinesin; larvae; microtubules; neurites; neuroplasticity; physiological transport; protein degradation; pruning; sensory neurons; surveys
- ... Neurons, with their distinct neurites, require elaborate membrane trafficking pathways and regulation to uphold neurite identity and to be able to respond to neuronal or developmental stimuli. In a survey of trafficking regulators required for developmental dendrite pruning in Drosophila sensory neurons, we identified the small GTPase Rab11, a regulator of recycling endosomes. Dendrite pruning req ...
- Burguete, Alondra Schweizer; Francis, Deanne; Rosa, Jeffrey; Ghabrial, Amin
- Developmental biology 2019 v.451 no.1 pp. 79-85
- Drosophila; gas exchange; genes; larvae; morphogenesis; mutation; tissues
- ... The terminal cells of the larval Drosophila tracheal system extend dozens of branched cellular processes, most of which become hollow intracellular tubes that support gas exchange with internal tissues. Previously, we undertook a forward genetic mosaic screen to uncover the pathways regulating terminal cell size, morphogenesis, and the generation and maintenance of new intracellular tubes. Our ini ...