Jump to Main Content
- Huan Zhang; Shicheng Zhao; Xin Yu; Zhong Xin; Chunlin Ye; Zhi Li; Jincheng Xia
- Journal of polymer science 2019 v.57 no.10 pp. 632-641
- Raman spectroscopy; crystal structure; differential scanning calorimetry; impact strength; industrial applications; molecular weight; particle size; polyethylene; rheological properties; rheometers; scanning electron microscopy; thermal properties
- ... The physical properties of ultrahigh molecular weight polyethylene (UHMWPE) are generally highly dependent on its molecular weight. However, in our study, it was found that two UHMWPE samples of similar molecular weight, SLL‐5 and GUR 4150, have significantly different impact strengths, with the Charpy impact strength of GUR 4150 being almost 3.4 times that of SLL‐5. To reveal the reasons, the str ...
- April L. Fogel; Ashwin Ravichandran; Sriramvignesh Mani; Bishal Upadhyay; Rajesh Khare; Sarah E. Morgan
- Journal of polymer science 2019 v.57 no.10 pp. 584-597
- acrylamides; composite polymers; differential scanning calorimetry; dynamic vapor sorption method; galactose; hydrogels; hydrogen bonding; hydrophobicity; molecular dynamics; nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy; silane; simulation models; surfactants; thermogravimetry; water content
- ... Glycohydrogels containing 2′‐acrylamidoethyl‐β‐d‐galactopyranoside and varying levels of N,N′ methylene bisacrylamide and 3‐acrylamidopropyltris(trimethylsiloxy)silane were synthesized to determine the effects of crosslinker and amphipathic balance on equilibrium water content (EWC), bound water population, and hydrogen bonding dynamics at the water–polymer interface. Analogous dimethylacrylamide ...