Jump to Main Content
- ZHANG, Zhuo; HUANG, Changchun; GUO, Fei; SONG, Zhiyao; HU, Di
- Journal of limnology 2019 v.78 no.1
- color; hydrologic models; lakes; nutrients; remote sensing; sediments; shear stress; suspended sediment; wind speed; China
- ... Sediment resuspension is closely related to the endogenetic release of nutrients in Lake Taihu. Thus, understanding the factors associated with sediment resuspension is important. In this study, a new technology, which integrates a hydrodynamic model and remote sensing techniques, was applied to derive the distribution of the erosion flux and obtain the spatially variable critical shear stress. Th ...
- Liu, Xiang-Jun; Cong, Lu; An, Fuyuan; Miao, Xiaodong; E, Chongyi
- Environmental earth sciences 2019 v.78 no.1 pp. 19
- Holocene epoch; case studies; dune sand; eolian sands; geographic information systems; lacustrine sediments; lakes; loess; luminescence; magnetism; paleosolic soil types; river valleys; sand; shrinkage; China
- ... Many lakes in the Qinghai–Tibetan Plateau (QTP) have aeolian sands distributed in their downwind shores. However, it has been rarely systemically investigated on whether the downwind dune sand and lake evolved in association with each other or they evolved independently. Here we take the well known Qinghai Lake and its downwind sand area as a case study to investigate the issue of water–sand inter ...