Jump to Main Content
- M. Mushtaha, Ashraf; Van Camp, Marc; Walraevens, Kristine
- Environmental earth sciences 2019 v.78 no.1 pp. 32
- aquifers; dunes; freshwater; groundwater; groundwater recharge; land use; meteorological data; population growth; rain; runoff; saltwater intrusion; sea level; soil conservation; soil water; surveys; water table; Palestine
- ... Gaza Strip is experiencing a severe water crisis caused mainly by overexploitation of the groundwater source. Rainfall is the only source of freshwater replenishment for the Gaza coastal aquifer. Groundwater level has dropped to more than 10 m below mean sea level as a result of aquifer exploitation and imbalance between recharge and abstraction in the past decades, which exposes the groundwater t ...
- Yang, Pingheng; Dan, Luo; Groves, Chris; Xie, Shiyou
- Environmental earth sciences 2019 v.78 no.1 pp. 33
- Triassic period; altitude; aquifers; carbonates; gravity; groundwater; heat; hydrogeochemistry; karsts; minerals; mixing; oxygen; rain; rivers; rocks; stable isotopes; statistical models; temperature; China
- ... Thermal water is an important natural resource. The hydrogeochemistry and geothermometry of thermal water from the Qianyi well (TWQW), which is associated with the Tongjing Warm Springs located in the Eastern Sichuan Fold Belts in Chongqing, SW China, was investigated. The reservoir of this region consists of upper and middle Triassic carbonate and evaporite rocks. The TWQW was of Ca–Mg–SO₄ type w ...