Jump to Main Content
- Zhao, Hang; He, Nianpeng; Xu, Li; Zhang, Ximin; Wang, Qiufeng; Wang, Bin; Yu, Guirui
- Ecological indicators 2019 v.96 pp. 496-504
- deserts; environmental indicators; forests; grasslands; latitude; leaves; nitrogen content; plant growth; plant organs; temperature; wetlands; China
- ... Nitrogen (N) is an essential nutrient that is important for plant growth and productivity. How plants distribute N in different plant organs is aligned to the N use strategy of plants, and, in turn, provides an accurate way of assessing N storage in vegetation at the regional scale. Here, we analyzed variation in N concentrations across different organs and at different spatial scales. Specificall ...
- Fulton, Julian; Norton, Michael; Shilling, Fraser
- Ecological indicators 2019 v.96 pp. 711-717
- acreage; almonds; crops; decision making; economic valuation; environmental indicators; financial economics; foods; industry; irrigated farming; markets; nutritive value; sales; seeds; water allocation; water footprint; water resources; California
- ... California almonds have been the focus of recent media scrutiny because of the large amount of water required to grow individual nuts and, by extension, for the industry as a whole. With almond orchard acreage doubling in the last two decades and becoming California’s most extensive irrigated crop, the questions arise: what are the benefits and impacts derived from this use of scarce water? Can we ...