Main content area
You searched for: Publication year rev 7981-2019 Remove constraint Publication year rev: 7981-2019 Subject Baltic Sea Remove constraint Subject: Baltic Sea Subject term atmospheric deposition Remove constraint Subject term: atmospheric deposition Subject term Baltic Sea Remove constraint Subject term: Baltic Sea Text availability Citation in PubAg Remove constraint Text availability: Citation in PubAg
4 Search Results
1. Disentangling the impact of nutrient load and climate changes on Baltic Sea hypoxia and eutrophication since 1850
- H. E. M. Meier; K. Eilola; E. Almroth-Rosell; S. Schimanke; M. Kniebusch; A. Höglund; P. Pemberton; Y. Liu; G. Väli; S. Saraiva
- Climate dynamics 2019 v.53 no.1-2 pp. 1145-1166
- air temperature; atmospheric deposition; climate; climate change; ecosystems; environmental indicators; eutrophication; models; nutrient content; oxygen; pollution load; sea level; Baltic Sea; Ireland; North Sea
- ... In the Baltic Sea hypoxia has been increased considerably since the first oxygen measurements became available in 1898. In 2016 the annual maximum extent of hypoxia covered an area of the sea bottom of about 70,000 km², comparable with the size of Ireland, whereas 150 years ago hypoxia was presumably not existent or at least very small. The general view is that the increase in hypoxia was caused b ...
- Ville Junttila; Emmi Vähä; Noora Perkola; Antti Räike; Katri Siimes; Jukka Mehtonen; Harri Kankaanpää; Jaakko Mannio
- Water 2019 v.11 no.4 pp. -
- Clupea harengus; Perca fluviatilis; aquatic environment; atmospheric deposition; environmental quality; herring; marine fish; perfluorooctane sulfonic acid; polluted soils; rivers; surface water; wastewater; Baltic Sea; Finland
- ... The concentrations of per- and polyfluoroalkyl substances (PFASs) in the Finnish aquatic environment were measured in riverine waters and in inland, coastal and open sea fish. In addition, the PFAS load to the Baltic Sea from 11 rivers was calculated. Measurements show that PFASs, including restricted perfluorooctane sulfonic acid (PFOS), are widely present in the Finnish aquatic environment. At t ...
3. Shared socio-economic pathways extended for the Baltic Sea: exploring long-term environmental problems
- Marianne Zandersen; Kari Hyytiäinen; H. E. Markus Meier; Maciej T. Tomczak; Barbara Bauer; Päivi E. Haapasaari; Jørgen Eivind Olesen; Bo G. Gustafsson; Jens Christian Refsgaard; Erik Fridell; Sampo Pihlainen; Martin D. A. Le Tissier; Anna-Kaisa Kosenius; Detlef P. Van Vuuren
- Regional environmental change 2019 v.19 no.4 pp. 1073-1086
- atmospheric deposition; climate; climate change; ecosystems; fisheries; human development; land use change; pollution; pollution control; shipping; socioeconomics; wastewater treatment; Baltic Sea; Northern European region
- ... Long-term scenario analyses can be powerful tools to explore plausible futures of human development under changing environmental, social, and economic conditions and to evaluate implications of different approaches to reduce pollution and resource overuse. Vulnerable ecosystems like the Baltic Sea in North-Eastern Europe tend to be under pressure from multiple, interacting anthropogenic drivers bo ...
- Urmas Raudsepp; Ilja Maljutenko; Mariliis Kõuts; Lena Granhag; Magda Wilewska-Bien; Ida-Maja Hassellöv; K. Martin Eriksson; Lasse Johansson; Jukka-Pekka Jalkanen; Matthias Karl; Volker Matthias; Jana Moldanova
- Science of the total environment 2019 v.671 pp. 189-207
- Bacillariophyceae; Cyanobacteria; air quality; atmospheric deposition; biogeochemical cycles; biomass; denitrification; detritus; ecosystems; estuaries; eutrophication; models; moieties; nitrogen; nitrogen fixation; nutrients; oxygen; phosphates; phosphorus; primary productivity; sediments; ships; total nitrogen; total phosphorus; traffic; Baltic Sea
- ... The Baltic Sea is a severely eutrophicated sea-area where intense shipping as an additional nutrient source is a potential contributor to changes in the ecosystem. The impact of the two most important shipborne nutrients, nitrogen and phosphorus, on the overall nutrient-phytoplankton-oxygen dynamics in the Baltic Sea was determined by using the coupled physical and biogeochemical model system Gene ...