Jump to Main Content
- Aline Terra Soares; Dayane Cristina da Costa; Armando Augusto Henriques Vieira; Nelson Roberto Antoniosi Filho
- Heliyon 2019 v.5 no.4 pp. e01529
- Chlamydomonas; Chlorella; Coelastrum; Desmodesmus; Parachlorella kessleri; astaxanthin; atmospheric pressure; biodiesel; dietary supplements; docosahexaenoic acid; eicosapentaenoic acid; environmental sustainability; fatty acid composition; flame ionization; freshwater; high performance liquid chromatography; ionization; lutein; microalgae; raw materials; tandem mass spectrometry
- ... Considering the nutraceutical properties, the high commercial value from pigments and essential lipids and the environmental sustainability, the purposes of this study were to assess the major carotenoids and fatty acids composition of nine microalgae species as a source of nutraceutical compounds and as fatty raw material for biodiesel production. The carotenoid and fatty acid content were analyz ...
- PubMed Central:
- Adilson Ricken Schuelter; Alexander Dimitrov Kroumov; Camila Larissa Hinterholz; Adriana Fiorini; Daniela Estelita Goes Trigueros; Eliane Gruska Vendruscolo; Maya Margaritova Zaharieva; Aparecido Nivaldo Módenes
- Biochemical engineering journal 2019 v.144 pp. 28-39
- Chlorella; Desmodesmus; Micractinium; Tetradesmus; antibacterial properties; bacterial growth; bioactive compounds; biomass; engineering; food pathogens; genomics; growth retardation; hydrophilicity; lighting; metabolites; microalgae; ribosomal DNA; virulent strains
- ... This paper presents a strategy for isolation, identification and evaluation of microalgae strains synthesizing biologically active compounds (BAC) with antimicrobial activity against food-borne and other pathogens. Water samples containing microalgae were initially submitted to the enrichment process, followed by standard procedure for obtaining pure culture. Purified DNA from the microalgae isola ...
- Ashutosh Pandey; Sameer Srivastava; Sanjay Kumar
- Bioresource technology 2019 v.293 pp. 121998
- Chlorella; Desmodesmus; Scenedesmus; biofuels; biomass production; fatty acid methyl esters; feedstocks; fuel production; lipids; microalgae; oils; remediation; screening
- ... In this study, the indigenous native microalgae were isolated from domestic and dairy effluent (DE) and further screened for DE treatment and lipid accumulation. All the isolated microalgae were examined for their growth adaptability in DE. The growth parameters of 15 isolates were determined and the following six isolates further selected for comprehensive analysis and identified as Desmodesmus s ...