Main content area
You searched for: Publication Year 2019 Remove constraint Publication Year: 2019 Subject 2,5-dihydroxybenzoic acid Remove constraint Subject: 2,5-dihydroxybenzoic acid Subject antioxidant activity Remove constraint Subject: antioxidant activity Text Availability Citation in PubAg Remove constraint Text Availability: Citation in PubAg
Limit your search
3 Search Results
1. Assessing Anticancer Potential of Blueberry Flavonoids, Quercetin, Kaempferol, and Gentisic Acid, Through Oxidative Stress and Apoptosis Parameters on HCT-116 Cells
- Sezer, Ebru Demirel; Oktay, Latife Merve; Karadadaş, Elif; Memmedov, Hikmet; Selvi Gunel, Nur; Sözmen, Eser
- Journal of medicinal food 2019 v.22 no.11 pp. 1118-1126
- 2,5-dihydroxybenzoic acid; Vaccinium myrtillus; antineoplastic activity; antineoplastic agents; antioxidant activity; antioxidants; apoptosis; blueberries; cytotoxicity; diet; flow cytometry; fruit extracts; kaempferol; liquid chromatography; neoplasms; oxidants; oxidative stress; polyphenols; protein composition; protein microarrays; proteins; quercetin; tandem mass spectrometry; therapeutics
- ... In recent years, natural products gained popularity with their anti-inflammatory and antioxidant effects mediated by chemical compounds within their composition. Study results offering them as palliative therapy options in cancer or as anticancer agents with high levels of cytotoxicity brought a new approach to combine cancer treatment protocols with these products. From a different perspective, e ...
2. Improving Antioxidant Activity of β-Lactoglobulin by Nature-Inspired Conjugation with Gentisic Acid
- Li, Hui; Pan, Yanxiong; Yang, Zhongyu; Rao, Jiajia; Chen, Bingcan
- Journal of agricultural and food chemistry 2019 v.67 no.42 pp. 11741-11751
- 2,2-diphenyl-1-picrylhydrazyl; 2,5-dihydroxybenzoic acid; Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; absorption; amino acids; antioxidant activity; antioxidants; beta-lactoglobulin; biocompatibility; biopolymers; chemical bonding; circular dichroism spectroscopy; electron paramagnetic resonance spectroscopy; free radicals; mass spectrometry; monitoring; protein secondary structure; ultraviolet radiation
- ... Dietary phenolic compounds display strong antioxidant capabilities but face limited practical applications as a result of their poor biocompatibility (high immune resistance). Some food proteins possess mild antioxidant capabilities but are often not sufficient to maintain a reactive oxidative species balance. In this study, we overcome these barriers by covalently conjugating a natural phenolic a ...
- Kaur, Pinderpal; Purewal, Sukhvinder Singh; Sandhu, Kawaljit Singh; Kaur, Maninder; Salar, Raj Kumar
- Journal of food measurement & characterization 2019 v.13 no.1 pp. 793-806
- 2,5-dihydroxybenzoic acid; 4-hydroxybenzoic acid; DNA; Eleusine coracana; Panicum sumatrense; Pennisetum glaucum; Setaria italica; antioxidant activity; antioxidants; ascorbic acid; bioactive compounds; caffeic acid; carotenoids; catechin; chlorogenic acid; depolymerization; ellagic acid; epicatechin; ferulic acid; flavor; foods; gallic acid; health promotion; heat treatment; millets; minerals; nutritive value; p-coumaric acid; shelf life; sinapic acid; syringic acid; taste; temperature; texture; thermosensitivity
- ... Millet grains are small seeded Kharif crop used as food and feed. Due to presence of bioactive compounds and important minerals, millets have their own importance among cereal grains. Finger millet is a mixture of gallic acid; p-hydroxybenzoic acid; gentisic acid; caffeic acid; syringic acid; p-coumaric acid; sinapic acid; salicylic acid; trans-cinnamic acid. Foxtail millet contains gallic acid; p ...