Jump to Main Content
- Mulatu Liyew Berihun; Atsushi Tsunekawa; Nigussie Haregeweyn; Derege Tsegaye Meshesha; Enyew Adgo; Mitsuru Tsubo; Tsugiyuki Masunaga; Ayele Almaw Fenta; Dagnenet Sultan; Mesenbet Yibeltal
- Land use policy 2019 v.87 pp. 104052
- Acacia decurrens; Catha edulis; aerial photography; agroecology; anthropogenic activities; basins; farming systems; forest land; geographic information systems; grazing lands; gully erosion; interviews; issues and policy; land cover; land use; population growth; remote sensing; runoff; socioeconomics; watersheds; Ethiopia
- ... This study examined the trends, driving factors, and implications of land use/land cover (LULC) dynamics over the past 35 years (1982–2017) in three watersheds of the drought-prone areas that represent different agro-ecologies of Upper Blue Nile basin, Ethiopia: Guder (highland), Aba Gerima (midland), and Debatie (lowland). The changes in LULC were analyzed by integrating field observations, remot ...
- Misganaw Teshager Abeje; Atsushi Tsunekawa; Enyew Adgo; Nigussie Haregeweyn; Zerihun Nigussie; Zemen Ayalew; Asres Elias; Dessalegn Molla; Daregot Berihun
- Sustainability 2019 v.11 no.10 pp. -
- Acacia decurrens; Catha edulis; agroecology; basins; cash crops; charcoal; credit; crop production; extension education; farmers; food security; funding; households; income; intensive farming; issues and policy; land degradation; livelihood; livestock; livestock production; markets; mixed cropping; models; ownership; probability; sustainable land management; watersheds; Ethiopia
- ... Land degradation poses a major threat to agricultural production and food security in Ethiopia, and sustainable land management (SLM) is key in dealing with its adverse impacts. This paper examines the covariates that shape rural livelihood diversification and examines their effects on the intensity of adoption of SLM practices. Household-level data were collected in 2017 from 270 households in th ...