Jump to Main Content
- Sakakibara, Hitoshi, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Soil science and plant nutrition 2019 v.65 no.1 pp. 56-64
- Arabidopsis thaliana; amino acids; ammonium; gene expression; gene expression regulation; genes; growth and development; mutants; nitrate reductase; nitrates; organic nitrogen; plant development; plant response; root growth; roots; satiety; sequence analysis; shoots; transcription (genetics); transcription factors; transporters
- ... Nitrate is an important ion for plant growth and development. It serves not only as a building block for amino acid synthesis but also as a signaling molecule. Changes in the exogenous nitrate concentrations affect the expression of nitrate-responsive genes within minutes. Following these rapid transcriptional events, nitrate and its downstream organic nitrogen (N) compounds accumulate in the plan ...
- Sakakibara, Hitoshi, et al. Show all 14 Authors
- Environmental and experimental botany 2019 v.157 pp. 140-150
- Arabidopsis thaliana; Nicotiana benthamiana; apoplast; enzyme activity; fumigation; gases; gene expression; gene expression regulation; genes; guaiacol; islands; knockout mutants; necrosis; peroxidase; plant hormones; sulfite oxidase; sulfites; sulfur; sulfur dioxide
- ... SO2 poses severe stress on plants due to sulphite formation in the apoplastic space leading to cell death and necrosis. Therefore, sulphite detoxification is of utmost importance in plants and sulphite concentration is strictly controlled. This study used laboratory fumigation as well as naturally occurring SO2 from fumaroles to provide new insights into sulphite detoxification. To elucidate, if g ...