Jump to Main Content
- Jéssica A.A. Garcia; Rúbia C.G. Corrêa; Lillian Barros; Carla Pereira; Rui M.V. Abreu; Maria José Alves; Ricardo C. Calhelha; Adelar Bracht; Rosane M. Peralta; Isabel C.F.R. Ferreira
- Journal of functional foods 2019 v.55 pp. 325-332
- Euterpe edulis; anthocyanins; antibacterial properties; antioxidant activity; bioeconomics; byproducts; chemical composition; cyanidin; flavonols; flavor; flour; fruit pulp; fruits; hepatotoxicity; nutritive value; phenolic acids; rain forests; Brazil
- ... The pulp of the fruits of Juçara (Euterpes edulis Martius), a native tree of the Atlantic Rainforest of Brazil, is widely consumed thanks to its flavour and nutritional value. The industrial production of Juçara fruit pulp generates solid residues (peel) which are usually discarded. In this work, a hydroalcoholic extract from Juçara peel flour was evaluated for its phenolic profile as well as for ...
- Bruno Oliveira de Veras; Maria Betânia Melo de Oliveira; Fernanda Granja da Silva Oliveira; Yago Queiroz dos Santos; João Ricardhis Saturnino de Oliveira; Vera Lúcia de Menezes Lima; Jackson Roberto Guedes da Silva Almeida; Daniela Maria do Amaral Ferraz Navarro; Júlio César Ribeiro de Oliveira Farias de Aguiar; Jaciana dos Santos Aguiar; Krystyna Gorlach-Lira; Caio Rodrigo Dias de Assis; Márcia Vanusa da Silva; Ana Catarina de Souza Lopes
- Journal of ethnopharmacology 2019 pp. -
- 2,2-diphenyl-1-picrylhydrazyl; DNA damage; Gram-negative bacteria; Hymenaea; acetic acid; acute toxicity; analgesic effect; antagonists; antibacterial properties; antioxidant activity; atropine; chemical composition; erythrocytes; essential oils; formalin; free radicals; gas chromatography-mass spectrometry; hemolysis; humans; hydrodistillation; indigenous species; industry; inflammation; mechanism of action; medicinal plants; mice; models; naloxone; oils; oral administration; oxidative stress; pain; plasmids; rheumatoid arthritis; sesquiterpenoids; superoxide anion; traditional medicine; Brazil
- ... Hymenaea cangaceira Pinto, Mansano & Azevedo (Fabaceae) is a Brazilian medicinal plant widely known as “Jatobá”. In folk medicine, it is used to treat infections, respiratory problems, rheumatism, antitumoral, inflammation and pain, however, no activity has been scientifically validated.This study investigated chemical composition of essential oil from Hymenaea cangaceira (EOHc), antimicrobial, an ...