Jump to Main Content
- Miller, Kristina M., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Journal of fish diseases 2019 v.42 no.4 pp. 533-547
- Ceratomyxa shasta; Flavobacterium psychrophilum; Infectious hematopoietic necrosis virus; Kudoa thyrsites; Oncorhynchus nerka; Salmo salar; Theridion; aquaculture; aquaculture industry; coasts; eggs; liver; pathogens; salmon; British Columbia
- ... In response to concerns that novel infectious agents were introduced through the movement of eggs as Atlantic salmon aquaculture developed in British Columbia (BC), Canada, we estimated the prevalence of infectious agents in archived return‐migrating Sockeye salmon, from before and during aquaculture expansion in BC (1985–94). Of 45 infectious agents assessed through molecular assays in 652 sample ...
- Miller, Kristina M., et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Aquaculture 2019 v.499 pp. 220-234
- Alphavirus; Chlamydia; Flavobacterium psychrophilum; Herpesviridae; Ichthyophthirius multifiliis; Infectious pancreatic necrosis virus; Infectious salmon anemia virus; Oncorhynchus; Piscirickettsia salmonis; Renibacterium salmoninarum; Reoviridae; Salmo salar; aquaculture industry; bacteria; descriptive studies; farmed fish; fish health; freshwater; histopathology; hyperplasia; islands; monitoring; parasites; pathogens; salmon; tissues; veterinarians; British Columbia; Queensland
- ... The purpose of the study was to describe spatial and time-at-sea patterns of endemic and new infectious agents and histopathologically-identified lesions in dead-and-dying farmed non-native Atlantic (AS) and native Pacific (PS) salmon in BC, between 2011 and 2013. Novel high-throughput molecular testing and blinded histopathological examination of tissues were used to evaluate these patterns in fi ...