Jump to Main Content
- Park, Sunghoon, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Biotechnology and bioprocess engineering 2019 v.24 no.1 pp. 109-118
- Escherichia coli; Pseudomonas denitrificans; Pseudomonas putida; biosensors; engineering; enzymes; fluorescence; mutagenesis; promoter regions; reporter genes; transcription factors
- ... In this study, whole-cell biosensors that detect and indicate the concentration of 3-hydroxypropionic acid (3-HP) by producing a green fluorescent signal were developed using a transcription factor (TF)-responsive 3-HP inducible promoter identified in the Pseudomonas denitrificans 3-HP degradation pathway. Upon forming a complex with 3-HP, the MmsR TF protein, a LysR-type transcriptional regulator ...
- Park, Sunghoon, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Metabolic engineering 2019 v.53 pp. 48-58
- Escherichia coli; carbon; genes; glycerol; glycerol kinase; metabolism; mutants; mutation; sequence analysis; toxicity; yeast extract
- ... 3-Hydroxypropionic acid (3-HP) is an important platform chemical, but its toxic effect at high concentrations (> 200 mM) is a serious challenge for commercial production. In this study, a highly 3-HP-tolerant strain of Escherichia coli W (tolerance concentration: 400 mM in M9 minimal medium and 800 mM when yeast extract was added) was developed by adaptive laboratory evolution (ALE) with glycerol ...