Jump to Main Content
- Gabriel, Alonzo A.; Melo, Katrina Moira D.; Michelena, Juan Carlos D.
- Lebensmittel-Wissenschaft + [i.e. und] Technologie 2019
- Listeria monocytogenes, etc ; Escherichia coli O157; Pseudomonas aeruginosa; Salmonella enterica; Staphylococcus aureus; bay (herb); color; decontamination; foods; irradiation; leaves; mercury; microbiological quality; molds (fungi); plate count; population dynamics; sensory properties; ultraviolet radiation; yeasts; Show all 19 Subjects
- ... This study was conducted to determine the efficacy of UV-C irradiation for safety and quality of dried bay leaves. Cocktails of microorganisms of the same species were prepared and inoculated onto the leaves, which were thereafter subjected to UV-C irradiation. Results showed that all tested organisms, which included Escherichia coli O157:H7, Salmonella enterica, Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Listeria m ...
- Nouri Ala, Mohammad Amin; Shahbazi, Yasser
- Lebensmittel-Wissenschaft + [i.e. und] Technologie 2019 v.111 pp. 602-611
- Listeria monocytogenes, etc ; Campylobacter jejuni; Escherichia coli O157; Mentha spicata; Pseudomonas fluorescens; Salmonella Typhimurium; Staphylococcus aureus; Ziziphora clinopodioides; breast meat; carboxymethylcellulose; chicken meat; coatings; essential oils; fillets; lipid peroxidation; pathogens; plate count; refrigeration; shelf life; spoilage; virulent strains; Show all 21 Subjects
- ... The aims of the present study were to evaluate the effects of carboxymethyl cellulose (CMC) coatings containing Ziziphora clinopodioides (ZEO; 0, 0.25 and 0.5%) and Mentha spicata (MEO; 0 and 0.5%) essential oils on pathogenic bacteria (i.e. Listeria monocytogenes, Staphylococcus aureus, Escherichia coli O157:H7, Salmonella typhimurium and Campylobacter jejuni) and shelf life extension of fresh an ...