Jump to Main Content
- Sevastyanova, Olena, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Carbohydrate polymers 2019 v.220 pp. 132-140
- Betula; Eucalyptus; Picea; acetylation; glass transition temperature; molecular weight; straw; sugarcane bagasse; thermal stability; xylan
- ... The impact of various degrees of acetylation on improving the thermal stability of xylan isolated from different botanical source has been studied; methylglucuronoxylan from birch and eucalyptus, arabinoglucuronoxylan from spruce and glucuronoarabinoxylan from sugarcane bagasse and straw. The lower molecular weight of non- acetylated methylglucuronoxylan (17.7–23.7 kDa) and arabinoglucuronoxylan ( ...
- Sevastyanova, Olena, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Industrial crops and products 2019 v.129 pp. 123-134
- Eucalyptus; Picea; acetone; adsorption; antioxidant activity; antioxidants; biofuels; carbon; chemical structure; equations; ethanol; ethyl acetate; fractionation; gas chromatography-mass spectrometry; gel chromatography; hardwood; methanol; methylene blue; molecular weight; nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy; organic matter; phosphorus; proximate composition; pyrolysis; raw materials; softwood; solvents; sorbents; stable isotopes; thermal properties; thermogravimetry; volatile compounds; water treatment
- ... This work summarizes the impact of solvent fractionation on the chemical structure, antioxidant activity, heating values, and thermal and adsorption properties of industrial hardwood and softwood kraft lignins. The aim of the research was to develop a simple approach for obtaining lignin fractions with tailored properties for applications in certain materials. Four common industrial solvents, name ...