Jump to Main Content
- Mayer, Jakob; Bachner, Gabriel; Steininger, Karl W.
- Journal of cleaner production 2019 v.210 pp. 1517-1533
- anthropogenic activities; carbon; climate change; combustion; economic costs; electricity; environmental policy; greenhouse gas emissions; habitats; humans; imports; industry; iron; macroeconomics; prices; renewable electricity; risk; socioeconomics; steel; wind power; Europe
- ... Climate change is one of the most serious threats to the human habitat. The required structural change to limit anthropogenic forcing is expected to fundamentally change daily social and economic life. The production of iron and steel is a special case of economic activities since it is not only associated with combustion but particularly with process emissions of greenhouse gases which have to be ...
- Martellozzo, Federico; Landholm, David M.; Holsten, Anne
- Regional environmental change 2019 v.19 no.4 pp. 953-966
- anthropogenic activities; carbon; climate change; greenhouse gases; industry; issues and policy; lifestyle; Europe
- ... Anthropogenic activities are mainly responsible for the accelerated pace and magnitude of global environmental and climate change. Although several programs aiming at fuelling climate change mitigation have been adopted internationally in the last decades and localized improvements have been observed, the results expected by international institutions are regrettably still out of reach. Meanwhile, ...