Jump to Main Content
- Federico Martellozzo; David M. Landholm; Anne Holsten
- Regional environmental change 2019 v.19 no.4 pp. 953-966
- anthropogenic activities; carbon; climate change; greenhouse gases; industry; issues and policy; lifestyle; Europe
- ... Anthropogenic activities are mainly responsible for the accelerated pace and magnitude of global environmental and climate change. Although several programs aiming at fuelling climate change mitigation have been adopted internationally in the last decades and localized improvements have been observed, the results expected by international institutions are regrettably still out of reach. Meanwhile, ...
- Riccardo Maria Pulselli; Michela Marchi; Elena Neri; Nadia Marchettini; Simone Bastianoni
- Journal of cleaner production 2019 v.208 pp. 850-868
- carbon; carbon dioxide; carbon footprint; cities; climate change; decision support systems; energy; forests; greenhouse gas emissions; greenhouse gases; households; inventories; issues and policy; politics; stakeholders; urban areas; urban planning; waste treatment; Europe
- ... Strategies for climate change mitigation in European cities have become more urgent and require actions to proactively involve administrators, citizens and other stakeholders and let them cooperate to accomplish widely approved plans for decarbonisation. Nevertheless, considering the short term of political mandates and the instability of social-economic-legal variables in our changing world, urba ...