Jump to Main Content
- J. Vetter
- Acta alimentaria 2019 v.48 no.2 pp. 229-240
- Agaricus bisporus; Coprinus comatus; Ganoderma lucidum; Lentinula edodes; anticarcinogenic activity; antimicrobial properties; antioxidant activity; chemical composition; flavonoids; functional foods; ganoderic acid; glycemic effect; immune system; linoleic acid; linolenic acid; metabolism; mushrooms; patients; polysaccharides; sodium; sugars
- ... Cultivated mushrooms are not only valuable foods of our age (functional foods) but contain certain beneficial chemical components (high level of K and P, very low content of Na, considerable quantities of some microelements, high and valuable protein but low fat contents). Some cultivated mushrooms have anti-carcinogenic effects caused first of all by polysaccharides (Lentinan: Lentinula edodes) a ...
- Yaping Liu; Yumeng Li; Wenlingzi Zhang; Mingzhe Sun; Zesheng Zhang
- Journal of functional foods 2019 v.55 pp. 381-390
- Ganoderma lucidum; glucose; glycemic effect; glycogen; high fat diet; hypoglycemia; insulin resistance; inulin; lipid metabolism; messenger RNA; noninsulin-dependent diabetes mellitus; nutrient transport; rats; streptozotocin
- ... It has been reported that both inulin and ganoderma lucidum polysaccharides are conducive to glucose metabolism. The aim of present study was to explore the hypoglycemia effect and molecular mechanism of the inulin combined with ganoderma lucidum polysaccharides in type 2 diabetic mellitus (T2DM) rats. T2DM rats were induced by high fat diet (HFD) and streptozotocin (STZ). Then the inulin and gano ...