Jump to Main Content
- M. Bouchoucha; R. Chekri; A. Leufroy; P. Jitaru; S. Millour; N. Marchond; C. Chafey; C. Testu; J. Zinck; P. Cresson; F. Mirallès; A. Mahe; N. Arnich; M. Sanaa; N. Bemrah; T. Guérin
- Science of the total environment 2019 v.690 pp. 16-26
- aluminum; aluminum oxide; arsenic; bauxite; cadmium; chromium; cobalt; ecological footprint; fish; fish consumption; lead; liver; manganese; mercury; muscles; nickel; risk; titanium; toxicity; vanadium; water pollution; Mediterranean Sea
- ... From 1966 to 2015, the Gardanne alumina refinery discharged some 20 million tons of bauxite residue (called red mud) into the Cassidaigne Canyon (northwest French Mediterranean) with impacts on local ecosystem functioning. Although these red muds contained high levels of trace elements (TE), in particular titanium (Ti), vanadium (V), aluminum (Al) and arsenic (As), surprisingly, their impacts on f ...
- E. Martínez-López; J. Peñalver; A. Escriña; L. Lara; M.J. Gens; E. María Dolores; A. Alcaraz; A.J. García-Fernández
- Chemosphere 2019 v.229 pp. 580-588
- Stenella coeruleoalba; adults; arsenic; cadmium; coasts; lead; liver; mercury; pollutants; selenium; tissues; toxicity; Mediterranean Sea
- ... Mercury (Hg), cadmium (Cd), lead (Pb), selenium (Se) and arsenic (As) concentrations in internal tissues of 72 striped dolphins (Stenella coeruleoalba) from Murcia Region (Mediterranean coastline) have been investigated for the first time. Hg showed the highest concentration, followed by Se, Cd, As and Pb. In general, the levels of metal found in this study were similar to those described in simil ...