Jump to Main Content
- Peñalver, J., et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Chemosphere 2019 v.229 pp. 580-588
- Stenella coeruleoalba; adults; arsenic; cadmium; coasts; lead; liver; mercury; pollutants; selenium; tissues; toxicity; Mediterranean Sea
- ... Mercury (Hg), cadmium (Cd), lead (Pb), selenium (Se) and arsenic (As) concentrations in internal tissues of 72 striped dolphins (Stenella coeruleoalba) from Murcia Region (Mediterranean coastline) have been investigated for the first time. Hg showed the highest concentration, followed by Se, Cd, As and Pb. In general, the levels of metal found in this study were similar to those described in simil ...
- Peñalver, J., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Bulletin of environmental contamination and toxicology 2019 v.103 no.4 pp. 521-527
- Delphinus delphis; Tursiops truncatus; biomarkers; brain; coasts; dolphins; kidneys; liver; lungs; mercury; muscles; protective effect; risk; toxicity; Mediterranean Sea; Spain
- ... We determinated Hg and Se concentrations in liver, kidney, brain, lung and muscle of five bottlenose dolphin (Tursiops truncatus), four common dolphins (Delphinus delphis) and four Risso’s dolphin (Grampus griseus) stranded along the Murcia coast, Southeast Spain, in order to evaluate the risk of Hg toxicity. Hg concentrations showed similar concentrations to other individuals in the Mediterranean ...