Jump to Main Content
- Guzmán, Gloria I., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Environmental science & technology 2019 v.53 no.9 pp. 5091-5101
- carbon; carbon footprint; climate change; electricity generation; greenhouse gas emissions; industrialization; infrastructure; irrigation systems; mechanization; methane; methane production; power generation; surface water; uncertainty; water quality; water resources; water use efficiency; Mediterranean region; Spain
- ... Irrigation in the Mediterranean region has been used for millennia and has greatly expanded with industrialization. Irrigation is critical for climate change adaptation, but it is also an important source of greenhouse gas emissions. This study analyzes the carbon (C) footprint of irrigation in Spain, covering the complete historical process of mechanization. A 21-fold total, 6-fold area-based, an ...
- Guzmán, Gloria I., et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Agricultural systems 2019 v.175 pp. 46-57
- agricultural land; agroecosystems; biodiversity; case studies; climate; energy flow; food production; landscapes; markets; public policy; Austria; Canada; Spain; United States
- ... Along the last century there has been an unprecedented growth in both global food production and related socioecological impacts. The objective of this paper is to analyse the effects of long-term metabolic patterns of agrarian systems on land use and cover changes (LUCC). We have developed an Energy-Landscape Integrated Analysis (ELIA) of agroecosystems to measure the energy storage (E) and the i ...