Jump to Main Content
- Ebru Demirel Sezer; Latife Merve Oktay; Elif Karadadaş; Hikmet Memmedov; Nur Selvi Gunel; Eser Sözmen
- Journal of medicinal food 2019 v.22 no.11 pp. 1118-1126
- 2,5-dihydroxybenzoic acid; Vaccinium myrtillus; antineoplastic activity; antineoplastic agents; antioxidant activity; antioxidants; apoptosis; blueberries; cytotoxicity; diet; flow cytometry; fruit extracts; kaempferol; liquid chromatography; neoplasms; oxidants; oxidative stress; polyphenols; protein composition; protein microarrays; proteins; quercetin; tandem mass spectrometry; therapeutics
- ... In recent years, natural products gained popularity with their anti-inflammatory and antioxidant effects mediated by chemical compounds within their composition. Study results offering them as palliative therapy options in cancer or as anticancer agents with high levels of cytotoxicity brought a new approach to combine cancer treatment protocols with these products. From a different perspective, e ...
- Ivano Vigliante; Giuseppe Mannino; Massimo E. Maffei
- Journal of functional foods 2019 pp. -
- 2,2-diphenyl-1-picrylhydrazyl; Arthrospira platensis; Spirulina; Vaccinium myrtillus; anthocyanins; antioxidant activity; antioxidants; bilberries; carcinoma; chemical composition; fruit extracts; gene activation; gene expression; human cell lines; moieties
- ... The antioxidant activity of plant extracts requires compelling evidence of the physiological functions of antioxidants at the cellular level. In order to assess the antioxidant power of the phytocomplex OxiCyan®, a bilberry extract functionalized on spirulina, traditional chemical methods (DPPH and ABTS) were compared to in vitro cellular responses by using HepG2 human hepatocyte carcinoma 8501143 ...