Jump to Main Content
- Ni, Jing; Yang, Yongfeng; Wu, Can
- Journal of cleaner production 2019 v.212 pp. 593-601
- specific heat, etc ; additives; alcohols; atomization; cooling; cutting; dust; energy; graphene; grinding; industrial applications; lubrication; mixing; permeability; pollution; smoke; sulfates; surfactants; thermal conductivity; toxicity; ultrasonics; viscosity; wettability; Show all 23 Subjects
- ... Application of cutting fluids in grinding disc cutting process (GDCP) plays a significant role in minimizing production cost and energy. However, GDCP is significantly different from the grinding wheel grinding process (GWGP) with its very thin disc (3.5 mm), large diameter (400 mm), large cutting depth (several and even ten of millimeters) and no cutting fluids, which lead to a lot of environment ...
- Roenner, Nils; Yuan, Han; Krämer, Roland H.; Rein, Guillermo
- Fire safety journal 2019 v.106 pp. 189-196
- specific heat, etc ; additives; blood platelets; boron nitride; flame retardants; flammability; glass; glass fibers; heat transfer; models; prediction; surface temperature; thermal conductivity; thermoplastics; Show all 14 Subjects
- ... All polymers are flammable to some degree. For safety, polymer flammability is most commonly reduced through flame retardants that are designed to primarily act chemically as opposed to physically. Here, we investigate computationally using the code Gpyro how inert additives such as hollow glass spheres (HGS) and boron nitride platelets (BNP) alter the flammability properties of glass fibre reinfo ...