Jump to Main Content
- Hailemariam Teklewold; Alemu Mekonnen; Gunnar Kohlin
- Climate and development 2019 v.11 no.2 pp. 180-192
- food security, etc ; agroecology; basins; climate change; climatic factors; econometric models; farms; households; meteorological data; risk; social capital; surveys; Ethiopia; Show all 13 Subjects
- ... Improving farm-level use of multiple climate change adaptation strategies is essential for improving household food security, particularly against a backdrop of a high risk of climatic shocks. However, the empirical foundation for understanding how farm households choose multiple climate-smart practices is far from being established. In this paper, the effects of household, farm and climatic ...
- Misganaw Teshager Abeje; Atsushi Tsunekawa; Enyew Adgo; Nigussie Haregeweyn; Zerihun Nigussie; Zemen Ayalew; Asres Elias; Dessalegn Molla; Daregot Berihun
- Sustainability 2019 v.11 no.10 pp. -
- food security, etc ; Acacia decurrens; Catha edulis; agroecology; basins; cash crops; charcoal; credit; crop production; extension education; farmers; funding; households; income; intensive farming; issues and policy; land degradation; livelihood; livestock; livestock production; markets; mixed cropping; models; ownership; probability; sustainable land management; watersheds; Ethiopia; Show all 28 Subjects
- ... Land degradation poses a major threat to agricultural production and food security in Ethiopia, and sustainable land management (SLM) is key in dealing with its adverse impacts. This paper examines the covariates that shape rural livelihood diversification and examines their effects on the intensity of adoption of SLM practices. Household-level data were collected in 2017 from 270 households ...