Jump to Main Content
- Zhu, Jianzhong; Zhang, Bin; Wang, Bingxu; Li, Chao; Fu, Xiong; Huang, Qiang
- Journal of functional foods 2019 v.54 pp. 13-21
- Rosa roxburghii, etc ; acarbose; active ingredients; alpha-glucosidase; butanol; catechin; enzyme inhibition; ethanol; foods; fruits; gastric juice; in vitro digestion; kaempferol; nitrous acid; patients; rutin; sodium nitrite; stomach; Show all 18 Subjects
- ... Inhibitory effects (IEs) of flavonoids from Rosa roxburghii and R. sterilis fruits against α-glucosidase were investigated. Crude extract of R. roxburghii fruits (RrCE) and R. sterilis fruits (RsCE) were extracted with ethanol. The n-butanol extraction of aqueous RrCE dispersion (RrCE-B) showed the greatest inhibition of α-glucosidase. The most abundant three components in RrCE-B were kaempferol h ...
- Xu, Jingwen; Vidyarthi, Sriram K.; Bai, Weibin; Pan, Zhongli
- Journal of functional foods 2019 v.60 pp. 103456
- Rosa roxburghii, etc ; alpha-amylase; alpha-glucosidase; antioxidant activity; antioxidants; ascorbic acid; cell growth; chronic diseases; dietary carbohydrate; dietary supplements; drugs; flavonoids; fruit extracts; fruits; functional foods; functional properties; intestinal absorption; neoplasm cells; noninsulin-dependent diabetes mellitus; nutrient content; phenolic compounds; polysaccharides; risk reduction; small intestine; superoxide dismutase; China; Show all 26 Subjects
- ... Rosa roxburghii (R. roxburghii), primarily distributed in southwest region in China, is known for its remarkable high vitamin C, SOD, and flavonoids contents. A diet rich in beneficial antioxidants such as polysaccharides, vitamin C, superoxide dismutase (SOD), and phenolics is associated with reducing risks of chronic diseases. This review examines the chemical composition in fruit of R. roxburgh ...