Jump to Main Content
- Al-Batsh, Nibal; Al-Khatib, Issam A.; Ghannam, Subha; Anayah, Fathi; Jodeh, Shehdeh; Hanbali, Ghadir; Khalaf, Bayan; van der Valk, Michael
- Water 2019 v.11 no.3
- public water supply, etc ; World Health Organization; alkalinity; ammonium; case studies; chlorides; coliform bacteria; drinking; females; guidelines; households; nitrates; pH; questionnaires; rain; rural communities; salinity; socioeconomics; surface area; temperature; total dissolved solids; turbidity; water hardness; water harvesting; watersheds; Palestine; West Bank; Show all 27 Subjects
- ... Yatta is a town located nine kilometers south of Hebron city in the West Bank of Palestine. The town houses over 100,000 people of which 49% are females and has a population that doubles every 15 years. Yatta has been connected to a water network since 1974 serving nearly 85% of its households. The water network is old and inadequate to meet the needs of the population. Water supply made available ...
- Ji, Xiyan; Li, Huimin; Zhang, Jibiao; Saiyin, Hexige; Zheng, Zheng
- Journal of hazardous materials 2019 v.365 pp. 483-493
- public water supply, etc ; Chlorella; DNA methylation; ammonium; chemical oxygen demand; municipal wastewater; nuclear genome; organic matter; orthophosphates; phosphorus; pollution control; stress tolerance; total nitrogen; Show all 13 Subjects
- ... In this study, the effects of nutrient and dissolved organic matter removal, stress resistance (DNA methylation), and the algae-bacteria dynamic ratio of algal-bacterial consortia in actual municipal wastewater were investigated. Results indicate that the presence of a Chlorella vulgaris-Bacillus licheniformis consortium had profound effects. The removal rates of total nitrogen, ammonium, orthopho ...