Jump to Main Content
- Kieling, Dirlei Diedrich; Prudencio, Sandra Helena
- Journal of the science of food and agriculture 2019 v.99 no.3 pp. 1302-1310
- acidity, etc ; Cymbopogon; antimicrobial properties; antioxidant activity; antioxidants; ascorbic acid; beverages; bioactive compounds; color; essential oils; flavorings; freeze drying; leaves; lime juice; odors; phenolic compounds; sensory evaluation; tea; Show all 18 Subjects
- ... BACKGROUND: Lemongrass is an aromatic plant with antioxidant and antimicrobial properties, used for the preparation of medicinal tea and for essential oil production. Previous studies have shown that extracts of lemongrass leaves contain phenolic compounds associated with health benefits. Although essential oils have been widely used as flavoring agents, there is no scientific evidence regarding t ...
- García, A.; Pérez, L.M.; Piccirilli, G.N.; Verdini, R.A.
- Lebensmittel-Wissenschaft + [i.e. und] Technologie 2019
- titratable acidity, etc ; Escherichia coli; Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; Listeria monocytogenes; Salmonella Typhimurium; acetic acid; antimicrobial properties; antioxidant activity; antioxidants; color; edible films; fermentation; flavor; flavor enhancers; foodborne bacterial pathogens; ingredients; liquids; pH; phenols; potassium sorbate; solubility; soy sauce; tensile strength; total solids; water content; whey; whey protein concentrate; world markets; Show all 28 Subjects
- ... Soy sauce is a traditional seasoning for foods available at the global market that is consumed all over the world. This sauce has a unique flavor and also antimicrobial and antioxidant properties. There is a wide range of soy sauces and their differences are mainly based on the manufacturing methods. Variation in chemical composition is mainly due to differences in fermentation process and the add ...