Jump to Main Content
- Singh, Sukhvinder Pal; Pal, Ram Krishna; Saini, Manpreet Kaur; Singh, Jagdeep; Gaikwad, Nilesh; Parashuram, Shilpa; Kaur, Charanjit
- Journal of the science of food and agriculture 2019 v.99 no.11 pp. 5073-5082
- acidity, etc ; polyphenols; mass spectrometry; dietary supplements; liquid chromatography; cyanidin; drugs; human health; breeding programs; secondary metabolites; genotype; fructose; citric acid; anthocyanins; germplasm; cultivars; genetic improvement; ellagic acid; chemometrics; antioxidant activity; ferulic acid; ascorbic acid; fruits; pomegranates; delphinidin; color; aril; India; Show all 28 Subjects
- ... BACKGROUND: Pomegranate fruit is an excellent source of bioactive polyphenolics, known to contribute significantly to human health. India is the largest producer of pomegranate in the world and produces the finest quality fruit with highly desirable consumer traits such as soft seeds, low acidity, and attractive fruit and aril color. Knowledge of the extent of variation in key metabolites (sugars, ...
- Zappia, Angela; De Bruno, Alessandra; Piscopo, Amalia; Poiana, Marco
- Food science and biotechnology 2019 v.28 no.4 pp. 965-973
- acidity, etc ; Eruca vesicaria; antioxidant activity; antioxidants; ascorbic acids; citric acid; color; dipping; leaves; microbiological quality; monitoring; packaging; plate count; ready-to-eat foods; shelf life; storage conditions; tap water; Show all 17 Subjects
- ... The effect of alternative dipping solutions to chlorinated water was studied on qualitative parameters of ready-to-eat rocket: sanitised tap water, 1% of citric acid solution and a mixture of citric and ascorbic acids solution. After packaging in normal atmosphere, a monitoring of total bacterial count and physico-chemical parameters was carried out to 14 storage days in dark and light storage con ...
- PubMed Central:
- Bostanci, Hüseyin; Ok, Selçuk; Yilmaz, Emin
- Waste and biomass valorization 2019 v.10 no.3 pp. 681-690
- acidity, etc ; ambient temperature; antioxidant activity; arginine; beta-sitosterol; calcium; campesterol; chocolate liquor; citric acid; color; crystallization; flour; glutamic acid; histidine; ingredients; lecithins; leucine; linoleic acid; lysine; magnesium; minerals; molasses; new products; odors; oils; oleic acid; palmitic acid; peroxide value; phenolic compounds; plastics; potassium; potassium sorbate; product development; proline; protein content; sodium; sugars; thermal analysis; Show all 38 Subjects
- ... The aim of this study was to utilize pepperseed flour in spreadable new product development. Two formulations, chocolate type and molasses type, were evaluated. Both formulations included 23.67 and 30.11% pepperseed flour, chocolate liquor or molasses as aroma source, sugar, palm oil, citric acid, potassium sorbate and lecithin as the ingredients. While ash and protein contents were similar, moist ...