Jump to Main Content
- Sun, Yongdong; Singh, Zora; Tokala, Vijay Yadav; Heather, Brett
- Scientia horticulturae 2019 v.249 pp. 322-328
- titratable acidity, etc ; antioxidant activity; ascorbic acid; citric acid; cold; cold storage; color; fruit juices; fruit quality; fruits; fumaric acid; lemons; malic acid; markets; maturity stage; shelf life; storage time; succinic acid; total soluble solids; weight loss; Show all 20 Subjects
- ... Lemon fruit is usually harvested at different maturity stages to suit the market requirements. The harvest maturity stage influence the postharvest quality of different fruits during storage. Therefore, the effects of three different maturity stages (green, green-yellow and yellow stages) and cold storage periods (30, 60 and 90 days) at 10 °C on Eureka lemon fruit quality were investigated. The qu ...
- Singh, Sukhvinder Pal; Pal, Ram Krishna; Saini, Manpreet Kaur; Singh, Jagdeep; Gaikwad, Nilesh; Parashuram, Shilpa; Kaur, Charanjit
- Journal of the science of food and agriculture 2019 v.99 no.11 pp. 5073-5082
- acidity, etc ; polyphenols; mass spectrometry; dietary supplements; liquid chromatography; cyanidin; drugs; human health; breeding programs; secondary metabolites; genotype; fructose; citric acid; anthocyanins; germplasm; cultivars; genetic improvement; ellagic acid; chemometrics; antioxidant activity; ferulic acid; ascorbic acid; fruits; pomegranates; delphinidin; color; aril; India; Show all 28 Subjects
- ... BACKGROUND: Pomegranate fruit is an excellent source of bioactive polyphenolics, known to contribute significantly to human health. India is the largest producer of pomegranate in the world and produces the finest quality fruit with highly desirable consumer traits such as soft seeds, low acidity, and attractive fruit and aril color. Knowledge of the extent of variation in key metabolites (sugars, ...