Jump to Main Content
- Hou, Zhiqiang; Zhao, Liang; Wang, Yongtao; Liao, Xiaojun
- Journal of food science 2019 v.84 no.4 pp. 746-753
- Rosa roxburghii, etc ; Castanea; Hippophae rhamnoides; ammonium sulfate; anion exchange chromatography; antioxidants; autoxidation; circular dichroism spectroscopy; electrophoresis; fluorescence emission spectroscopy; gastric juice; humans; hydrodynamics; isoelectric point; light scattering; molecular weight; pH; pyrogallol; superoxide dismutase; temperature; tryptophan; water solubility; Show all 22 Subjects
- ... Superoxide dismutases (SODs) were purified from sea buckthorn and chestnut rose by ammonium sulfate precipitation and anion‐exchange chromatography, and the detection methods of water‐soluble tetrazolium‐1 (WST‐1), nitrobluetetrazolium (NBT) and pyrogallol autoxidation (PA) for SOD activity were compared. WST‐1 method was selected due to its coefficient of variation (CV) <6% in this study. Two SOD ...
- Xu, Jingwen; Vidyarthi, Sriram K.; Bai, Weibin; Pan, Zhongli
- Journal of functional foods 2019 v.60 pp. 103456
- Rosa roxburghii, etc ; alpha-amylase; alpha-glucosidase; antioxidant activity; antioxidants; ascorbic acid; cell growth; chronic diseases; dietary carbohydrate; dietary supplements; drugs; flavonoids; fruit extracts; fruits; functional foods; functional properties; intestinal absorption; neoplasm cells; noninsulin-dependent diabetes mellitus; nutrient content; phenolic compounds; polysaccharides; risk reduction; small intestine; superoxide dismutase; China; Show all 26 Subjects
- ... Rosa roxburghii (R. roxburghii), primarily distributed in southwest region in China, is known for its remarkable high vitamin C, SOD, and flavonoids contents. A diet rich in beneficial antioxidants such as polysaccharides, vitamin C, superoxide dismutase (SOD), and phenolics is associated with reducing risks of chronic diseases. This review examines the chemical composition in fruit of R. roxburgh ...