Jump to Main Content
- Voorspoels, Stefan, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- International journal of food science & technology 2019 v.54 no.6 pp. 1967-1975
- bioactive properties; bioavailability; eggs; health claims; mechanism of action; peptides; protein hydrolysates
- ... Extensive in vitro and, to a more limited extent, animal research have demonstrated the health potential of a wide set of egg protein hydrolysates; however, well‐designed human intervention studies are scarce. Health claim assessment, however, sets high standards for characterisation of the bioactive peptides, investigation of the mode‐of‐action and convincing human intervention studies. In this r ...
- Voorspoels, Stefan, et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Environment international 2019 v.127 pp. 462-472
- air; beverages; bioavailability; blood serum; dust; environmental monitoring; exposure pathways; flame retardants; human health; humans; markets; metabolites; organophosphorus compounds; phosphates; polybrominated diphenyl ethers; prediction; urine
- ... Organophosphate flame retardants (PFRs) have largely replaced the market of polybrominated diphenyl ethers (PBDEs). Concerns about PFR contamination and its impact on human health have consequently increased. A comprehensive investigation on the human exposure pathways to PFRs is to be endeavoured. This study investigated the occurrence of PFR metabolites in human urine, serum and hair, correlatin ...