Jump to Main Content
- Bentancor, Luis; Hernández, Jorge; del Pino, Amabelia; Califra, Álvaro; Resquín, Fernando; González-Barrios, Pablo
- Biomass and bioenergy 2019 v.122 pp. 165-174
- stemwood, etc ; Eucalyptus dunnii; bioenergy; biomass production; coppicing; debarking; energy; forests; nutrient content; nutrients; plant density; planting density; soil fertility; trees; Show all 14 Subjects
- ... Bioenergy is an important component of the renewable energy mix, helping to ensure a stable energy supply. One of the alternatives for bioenergy production is the use of Eucalypts sp. grown on short rotation coppice under different harvest systems. Because in some cases all components of the tree are harvested, there could be implications regarding the sustainability of this type of system. For th ...
- Affleck, David L.R.
- Forest ecology and management 2019 v.432 pp. 179-188
- stemwood, etc ; aboveground biomass; bioenergy; branches; carbon footprint; coniferous forests; conifers; dead wood; equations; inventories; leaves; risk; tree height; trees; wildfires; United States; Show all 16 Subjects
- ... Assessment of aboveground biomass stocks in the coniferous forests of the inland northwest USA is important for timber, bioenergy, and carbon inventories, as well as for wildfire risk determination. In this study, individual tree biomass equation systems are developed for 7 regionally important conifer species using data from 470 felled trees sampled across 84 stands and spanning a range of diamet ...