Jump to Main Content
- Patil, Sandesh; Kadam, Dileep; Mehtani, Nicky; Sangle, Shashikala; Marbaniang, Ivan; Kulkarni, Vandana; Shere, Dhananjay; Deshpande, Prasad; Dhumal, Gauri; Suryavanshi, Nishi; Gupte, Nikhil; Bollinger, Robert; DeLuca, Andrea; Nevrekar, Neetal; Menon, Pramila; Kawade, Rama; Patil, Mansi; Gupta, Amita; Mave, Vidya
- Public health nutrition 2019 v.22 no.11 pp. 2022-2029
- C-reactive protein; Human immunodeficiency virus; adults; antiretroviral agents; biomarkers; cross-sectional studies; food security; hospitals; household income; morbidity; mortality; prospective studies; regression analysis; risk factors; socioeconomics; therapeutics; India
- ... To assess the prevalence and determinants of food insecurity among people living with HIV (PLWH) in Pune, India and its association with biomarkers known to confer increased risks of morbidity and mortality in this population. Cross-sectional analysis assessing food insecurity using the standardized Household Food Insecurity Access Scale. Participants were dichotomized into two groups: food insecu ...
- 30827288 30827288
- Wang, Wei; Kannan, Kurunthachalam
- Environment international 2019 v.128 pp. 24-29
- adults; antioxidants; asthma; biomarkers; butylated hydroxyanisole; butylated hydroxytoluene; children; cosmetics; food preservatives; foods; lipids; metabolites; neoplasms; oils; urine; China; India; Japan; Saudi Arabia; United States
- ... Synthetic phenolic antioxidants (SPAs) such as 2,6-di-tert-butyl-4-hydroxytoluene (butylated hydroxytoluene, BHT), are used in a wide variety of consumer products, including certain foodstuffs (e.g. fats and oils) and cosmetics. Although BHT is considered generally safe as a food preservative when used at approved concentrations, there is debate whether BHT exposure is linked to cancer, asthma, an ...
- Greibe, Eva; Mahalle, Namita; Bhide, Vijayshri; Fedosov, Sergey; Heegaard, Christian W.; Naik, Sadanand; Nexo, Ebba
- European journal of nutrition 2019 v.58 no.1 pp. 261-270
- adults; biomarkers; blood serum; clinical trials; diet; homocysteine; methylmalonic acid; placebos; vitamin B12; India
- ... PURPOSE: We compare the effect of 8-week oral supplementation with cyano-B12 (currently used in vitamin pills) and hydroxo-B12 (predominant form in the diet) in a population with nutritional vitamin B12 deficiency. METHODS: Fifty-one healthy Indian adults with baseline serum cobalamin < 200 pmol/L were supplied for 8 weeks with daily oral supplements of 3-µg cyano-B12 (n = 15), 3-µg hydroxo-B12 (n ...