Jump to Main Content
- González-Hein, Gisela; Gil, Isabel Aguirre; Sanchez, Rodolfo; Huaracan, Bernardo
- Journal of avian medicine and surgery 2019 v.33 no.2 pp. 141-149
- Aves polyomavirus 1; Beak and feather disease virus; beak; bird diseases; birds; feathers; genes; genetic variation; hosts; polymerase chain reaction; Chile
- ... Avian polyomavirus disease and psittacine beak and feather disease (PBFD) are both contagious viral diseases in psittacine birds with similar clinical manifestations and characterized by abnormal feathers. To determine the prevalence of Aves polyomavirus 1 (APyV) and beak and feather disease virus (BFDV) in captive, exotic psittacine birds in Chile, feathers from 250 psittacine birds, representing ...
- Gibson, Daniel J.; Nemeth, Nicole M.; Beaufrère, Hugues; Varga, Csaba; Ojkic, Davor; Marom, Anna; Susta, Leonardo
- Journal of veterinary diagnostic investigation 2019 v.31 no.5 pp. 719-725
- Aves polyomavirus 1; Beak and feather disease virus; DNA; Psittacid alphaherpesvirus 1; analytical specificity; animal pathogens; birds; cross reaction; detection limit; histology; histopathology; inclusion bodies; mixed infection; morbidity; mortality; nucleotide sequences; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; tissues; viruses
- ... Aves polyomavirus 1, psittacine beak and feather disease virus, and psittacid herpesvirus 1 are important pathogens of psittacine birds with the potential to cause substantial morbidity and mortality. Using publically available nucleotide sequences, we developed and validated a triplex real-time PCR (rtPCR) assay to rapidly detect these 3 viruses. The assay had high analytical sensitivity, detecti ...
- PubMed Central: