Jump to Main Content
- Hirano, Takashi, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association 2019 v.255 no.8 pp. 939-941
- C-reactive protein; Golden Retriever; adhesion; anemia; anorexia; arthritis; blood serum; chronic diseases; dogs; females; gait; radiography; signs and symptoms (animals and humans); spaying; stifle; ultrasonography; veterinarians
- ... CASE DESCRIPTION A 10-year-old spayed female Golden Retriever was examined because of a 3-month history of lethargy, anorexia, and stumbling gait. CLINICAL FINDINGS A splenic mass was identified on abdominal radiography and ultrasonography, and results of clinicopathologic findings indicated nonregenerative anemia, leukocytosis, and high serum C-reactive protein (CRP) concentration. To further inv ...
- Hirano, Takashi, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- BMC veterinary research 2019 v.15 no.1 pp. 170
- biomarkers; blood glucose; blood serum; cortisol; dogs; hospitals; lymphocyte count; mortality; neutrophils; observational studies; prediction; prognosis; veterinary clinics
- ... BACKGROUND: Dogs with various medical diseases are usually treated at hospitals; however, the prognostic markers in dogs remain unknown. The aim of this study was to investigate the ability of serum cortisol concentration (SCC) to predict the prognosis of dogs with medical diseases. At 0 and 24 h after hospitalization, the neutrophil count, lymphocyte count, blood glucose concentration, and SCC we ...
- PubMed Central: