Jump to Main Content
- Alberto Finzi; Elisabetta Riva; Alda Bicoku; Viviana Guido; Seit Shallari; Giorgio Provolo
- Journal of agricultural engineering 2019 v.50 no.1 pp. -
- acidification; air; air flow; ammonia; animal manure management; boric acid; bottles; cattle; cattle manure; clay; emissions; headspace analysis; land application; oils; pig manure; sawdust; simulation models; slurries; straw; sulfuric acid; swine; temperature; titration
- ... The reduction of ammonia (NH₃) emissions associated with manure management requires identification and implementation of effective techniques. The objective of this study was to measure potential ammonia emissions from animal manure and evaluate emission reductions for five mitigation techniques (straw, sawdust, clay, oil and sulphuric acid). Although numerous studies have evaluated individual mit ...
- Jianyin Huang; Christopher W.K. Chow; Philipp Kuntke; Lise Cruveiller; Gregory Gnos; David E. Davey; Peter T. Teasdale
- Talanta 2019 v.200 pp. 256-262
- air flow; ammonia; automation; boric acid; calibration; detection limit; disinfection; distillation; drinking water; monitoring; specific ion electrodes; temperature; water distribution; water treatment; Australia
- ... Monitoring low levels of ammonia in chloraminated water can be challenging but is important for effectively managing potable water disinfection. The lower the concentration of free ammonia that can be determined, the tighter the control at the disinfection point, which supports better maintenance of chloramine residuals in the distribution system. In this study a micro-distillation technique was u ...